The Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program (LIWAP) provides homeowners and renters with cost-effective, energy-efficient home improvements free of charge. Our goal is to help you lower your utility bills and ensure you and your family are living in healthy and safe conditions. Bonded and insured professional contractors will do the work, helping you feel comfy and cozy in your home.
- Provide proof of income for the previous three months.
- Provide proof of home ownership (proof of deed) or a completed Landlord Agreement Certification, as found in the renter’s application.
- Be within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines ($49,200 annual income for a family of four).
- Present social security card for homeowner/renter.
- Provide a current and active electric and gas utility statement.
What is Weatherization?
Often people confuse weatherization with winterization. The difference between them is time. Winterization projects are short-term and aim for temporary changes that have small benefits. Weatherization, on the other hand, involves long-term and permanent improvement of your home’s comfort and energy efficiency. Winterization projects only make sense if you are a short-term renter. If you plan to stay in your home or apartment, it’s more effective to weatherize.
Download and complete the PDF application below to apply for services.